Folk Dance Designs
By Dick Oakes
During my folk dance "career," I often designed and wrote brochures, flyers, programs, ads, and other display materials the old fashioned way . . . with pen, ink, stick-on letters, and a typewriter. I often "signed" my work with my last name or my initials (RBO) and in some drawings you'll find the first name of my daughter. Here are some things that will provide a bit of nostalgia for folk dancers and some for non-folk dancers.
- Camp Artwork Dolina Cygany's Holiday Camp
- Coffeehouse Artwork The Intersection (brochure also), Veselo Selo, Zorba's, and Cafe Āmi
- Federation Artwork SD Conference '76, Statewide '87, Beginners' Festival '88, Idyllwild '87-'88, and more
- Holiday Camp Artwork Also incorporating artwork by Mike Gordon
- Kolo Festival Artwork 24th Annual Syllabus cover '75 (with a surprise!)
- Personal Artwork Balkan Picnic '80, Bosnian Women's "Shalvare" '81, Folk Dance Cruise '83
- Viltis Artwork A couple of items I did for Vyts Beliajus.
- Workshop Artwork Hawaii, Houston, Phoenix, and more.
- Not My Artwork These are not mine, but they fit in with folk dancing.