Folk Dance Camp
CLICK AN IMAGE TO ENLARGE
THIS IS HISTORICAL INFORMATION ONLY
The purpose of the Lighted Lantern camp (1948-1977) was to be an enrichment opportunity for the many activity groups that had their beginnings at Denver's Steele Receation Center. Care was taken to have an open door to all who wanted to attend. Because the Lantern was purchased during World War II, budgets were tight, and the vision was to accommodate small groups. While smaller groups were the norm in the early years, groups at the Lantern were soon numbering a hundred or more.
From A Brief History